The organizations listed are not connected with Anchored By Hope and may share different views, but we want to provide places that can support the needs of our clients and the community. Please feel free to send us more resources available if you know of any.
The following places provide different types of financial help for utilities, medical bills, rent, etc. Some also offer financial counseling.
- Saint Vincent DePaul Society - (812) 425-3485 - A partnership of local churches that provides temporary financial assistance to qualified individuals and families. Get help with rent, water bills, utilities, furniture, clothing and household goods. Unfortunately the agency does not provide assistance with telephone or cable bills. https://www.svdpevansville.org/
- Warrick County / Boon Township Trustee - (812) 897-3540 - government agency provides temporary financial assistance, as available, to eligible low to moderate income residents of the township. Funds can be used to pay rent, utilities, prescription medication and burial expenses. Does not provide financial or cash assistance with water bills, telephone expenses or cable bills. In addition, free diapers are available either at the office or through a nonfood order. For utility and heating bill assistance, need to have a disconnect notice or thirty days past due. For rental assistance, need to have an eviction notice from the landlord or be thirty days past due on rent.
- Newburgh Area Food Pantry - (812) 490-4040 - Program offers a food pantry. A four-day supply of free food and groceries, as well as a week's supply of hygiene items and baby items are available to qualified people. http://www.newburghpantry.org/
- Dubois/Pike/Warrick Economic Opportunity Committee, Inc. (TRI-CAP) - (812) 482-1071 - This is the local Warrick and Boonville Community Action Agency. They run several assistance programs, including these. https://www.tri-cap.net/
-- Foreclosure prevention and mortgage help - The agency offer mortgage default and delinquency prevention and foreclosure prevention services. Learn more on Indiana foreclosure programs.
-- Crisis assistance - The agency will often receive requests for medicine, rental assistance, foreclosure counseling, utility deposits, food, etc. They do their best to help as many people as possible, or guide them to local charities and non-profit agencies.
-- Weatherization assistance - Free home improvements can help people save on or reduce their home energy bills. Save money with this free program.
-- Energy Bill Assistance Program - Cab help with, or learn about programs that provide financial assistance to low-income households to maintain utility services during the winter heating season.
-- Debt reduction, budget, and credit counseling - The TRI-CAP community action agency offers budget and credit counseling, as well as debt reduction services to the community and county residents. This service is offered free of charge to anyone requesting the service, and can help people eliminate debt. Read more on debt reduction programs.
- Catholic Charities (phone (812) 423-5456) may be able to provides temporary financial assistance, as available, to individuals for paying heating and gas bills, rent expenses, utilities, medical and dental bills. The agency does not provide assistance with water, telephone or cable bills. For rental or housing assistance, the applicants needs to have an eviction notice or thirty days past due on their monthly rent. For utility or heating assistance, the applicants needs to have a disconnect notice or thirty days past due. Balance due on the rent or utility bills must be less than $100 outstanding. https://www.ccevansville.org/
- Outreach Ministries - (812) 464-1025 - Call them to learn if you can get help. They have limited funding for mortgage, rent, utilities, water and medication vouchers and medications.
- Mobile Food Pantry - 1 (888) 619-3223 - https://www.mobilefoodpantry.net/
- Newburgh Area Food Pantry - (812) 518-1563 - http://www.newburghpantry.org/
- Tri-State Food Bank - (812) 425 - 0775 - https://tristatefoodbank.org/
- Evansville Emergency Food Pantry Consortium - (812) 401-0606 - 6 locations thought out Evansville - https://eefpc.org/in-need/
- Patchwork Central - (812) 424-2735 - https://patchwork.org/what-we-do/food-pantry/
- Hope Central - (812) 897-4910 - https://www.hopecentralboonville.com/food-pantry
- Chandler Cumberland Presbyterian Church - (812) 925-6175 - Warrick County residents only. Proof required. - https://www.chandlercpchurch.com/food-pantry/
- Bread of Life Ministries - (812) 922-5339 - Provides food and clothing to those in need. This includes individuals, families, and agencies with their food pantries and clothing needs. - https://www.breadoflifeministryinc.org
- Mrs. C's Closet - Warrick County only. Must get a referral from your school. Contact the guidance counselor. - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064749843985
- Hangers -(812) 435-8888 ext. 22212 - EVSC students only. - https://evscfoundation.org/hangers/
- The Rainbow Jacket Project - Provides free clothing resources to transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people in the Evansville and surrounding areas. - https://rainbowjacket.wixsite.com/home
- Greater Evansville Youth (GEY) - (812) 434-1038 - GEY creates a positive, safe space for you to build community with each other, learn how to advocate for themselves, and to express their individuality and personal identity. - https://greaterevansvilleyouth.org/
- Warrick County Indiana Pride - https://www.warrickcountyindianapride.com/
- River City Pride - https://www.rivercityprideindiana.org/